Monday, December 26, 2005

Year end pensiveness

Today is the 1 year anniversary of the Boxing day Tsunami. Its scary how time flies. A year is almost gone, a year had gone past since the killer wave claimed the lives of thousands worldwide and change the lives of millions everywhere, from the far ends of Mauritius to Indonesia. The thing I distinctively remembered about the tsunami, other than the deathtoll was the way the whole world seem to stand together to help each other to cope with the devastating effects of the waves, how mighty countries like US polled together their resources for the victims in India, and how a small country like Singapore extend a helping hand to a gigantic country like Indonesia. Its rather heartwarming, if one disregard the underlying politics at play.

Somehow this is not what I have been meaning to talk about here but disregarding the anniversary of such a major worldwide event seem not right.

Anyway..

A year had gone by without notice, at least to me that is. I was so caught up with so many stuff that I am left a bit daze that I have actually survive the year intact, physically. Emotionally however, I am actually rather brutalized, though the word seem to be rather strong. Yet, I survived and I am glad that I did. There were times when I just felt like giving up, just quit and leave for some forsaken island in the far ends of an unknown part of the world, where I am a stranger and to restart my life all over again. Times when I just feel like putting an end to my miserable and mundane existence. I am actually amazed by whatever happened and how I managed to get over all that happened. Whatever the case, everything that happened has happened and talking about it seemed so childish and stupid. Dwelling on it is just so useless. Its really time for me to move on.

Happy New year to all, enjoy the days as they come, for time waits for no one and before you know it, its gone. Cherish each day as if they were the last day of your existence and enjoy them whole heartedly. Most of all, do not take anyone and anything for granted. :)

No comments: